Morning Announcements 11-30-18
1. LEAP 2025 & EOC Testing for Re-testers is today. If you have to test, a call slip was placed in your homeroom teacher's box. Report to your testing room immediately after morning announcements.
2. There will be a HOSA meeting in Room M1 Thursday, December 6th at 7am to discuss state. All planning to attend MUST BE PRESENT.
3. Our winter Mustang Mission is about being both Determined and Encouraging represented by the D and E in Mustang PRIDE. Students, we ask that you be DETERMINED to finish the semester strong. We appreciate all that you do to be ENCOURAGING around campus, and we ask that you take a moment to share some kindness this holiday season by completing the Christmas globes distributed in your homeroom classes. Your globes will be displayed around campus to help “shake up” some holiday cheer. Teachers, please allow your students the time to write on, color, and cut out the globes in homeroom and return them to a Student Council member during morning rounds by next Friday.
4. Student Council’s Adopt an Angel fund drive has begun. Every day in homerooms students and teachers are asked to donate money for Christmas gifts for 50 Assumption Parish primary school students. For every $15 collected your homeroom will receive a paper angel. Our collections will end on Friday, December 7. The winning homerooms will receive a celebration. Teachers, please remember to turn in money collection folders to a student council member every day during rounds.
5. The annual fall athletic banquet for football, volleyball, and cross country members will be held on Tuesday, December 11th at 6:30 in the front gym. All athletes are encouraged to attend.
6. This year Student Council is hosting a door decorating contest to spread the Christmas cheer around AHS. Each homeroom will work together to decorate their doors and judging will take place on December 14th. The doors will be judged on creativity, originality, neatness, and above all, Christmas spirit. The homeroom that wins the competition will receive hot chocolate and cookies from the L13 Snack Shack.
Lunch: Popcorn Chicken or Pizza